Play over 1000+ slots! SPIN NOW! WIN CASH!
Investing in medical cannabis. It’s profitable!
  Guest viewing is limited

How to create a website for streaming and selling music

Tmatibhiri

Newbie Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

awanama

Silver Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe there are few script for Spotify-like application exist in CodeCanyon, maybe you can afford the script there so you can create it with ease, and they also provide support if I remembered

xperienz

Silver Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually codecanyon exists like in spotify and if you won't mind the script will help to achieve your desired purpose. I wish you the best!

anyona54

Bronze Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I don't seem to be in meaning with your statement , "selling music". That can be almost impossible as almost every song is freely available in YouTube, Vimeo etc. The only way to make money from it, ie selling your services, is through ads. A usual encouragement, If they made it( YouTube ), why can't you? Take heart, combine codes, you may come up with something greater than them.

kicktracer011

Platinum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Website
tokenclaimer.pw
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you have the infrastructure (EG bandwidth, storage and stuff like that) you would do better hosting a website, uploading medium quality audio to Youtube and offer a high quality version on your website.
This way you can easily reach your audience without worrying about costs that will spiral out of control.
If you allow users to upload audio to your website you need to monitor it 24/7 because copyrighted audio can get you in big trouble, forcing you to pay out of your pocket for lawsuits. If you want to avoid that you are forced to hire people that can check the content for you.
As added benefit you have to worry less about the costs of running the website, and you can focus on selling premium memberships/songs instead of focusing on ads to keep your site running on free members.
Unless you have a niche, which no one thought about first you are going to lose money.

Now to answer your question more specific, is it possible to build such a site?

Yes, but unless you do all the above, you are going to spend a lot of money. Few providers that could help you would be Contus.com and Muvi.com. Muvi is free as a trial but the costs go up to $399 a month for what you want to do and $3900 for everything unlimited. Those are some insane prices but you need the scanning, DRM and other features, otherwise your business is destined to doom.

You are also going to need a music attorney incase (and it will happen 100%) someone will sue you.

All in all, what you want will cost you a heavy bag of money and unless you find a good source of investors/funding you wont be able to keep your spotify-clone open.

TechWise

Bronze Member
LV

Reaction score
Website
technicalwise.com
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this really depends if you would like to do it off of a platform or if you would like to do it on a internet relay and broadcast it live from your computer. say you got an inventory in your house or garage and you need to broadcast samples of the music. then you would need whats called a shoutcast streaming relay server. setup or purchased. I actually have resources to get my hands on those being an internet dj for 17 years, also as for the ecommerce side of things the store. your best choice would be opencart, witch is free or magneto that is also free but there are premium skins and templates. for it

anilmr

Silver Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I looking for ideas on how to build a music streaming website with an online store for advertising and selling music from various artists.

I think firstly you will need to buy your domain name fro example, www.NameOfYourBand.com. Then you will have to buy Web Hosting as well - this is the space you will own online, which you can use to store all your music, videos and information pertaining to your music. Why don't you open your own YouTube Channel? It is free. You can then get all your fans to subscribe to your channel. Once you have plenty of subscribers, you can make money by selling ads on your channel.

Tmatibhiri

Newbie Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I don't seem to be in meaning with your statement , "selling music". That can be almost impossible as almost every song is freely available in YouTube, Vimeo etc. The only way to make money from it, ie selling your services, is through ads. A usual encouragement, If they made it( YouTube ), why can't you? Take heart, combine codes, you may come up with something greater than them.
Thanks for the advice I will take that into consideration.

Tmatibhiri

Newbie Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you have the infrastructure (EG bandwidth, storage and stuff like that) you would do better hosting a website, uploading medium quality audio to Youtube and offer a high quality version on your website.
This way you can easily reach your audience without worrying about costs that will spiral out of control.
If you allow users to upload audio to your website you need to monitor it 24/7 because copyrighted audio can get you in big trouble, forcing you to pay out of your pocket for lawsuits. If you want to avoid that you are forced to hire people that can check the content for you.
As added benefit you have to worry less about the costs of running the website, and you can focus on selling premium memberships/songs instead of focusing on ads to keep your site running on free members.
Unless you have a niche, which no one thought about first you are going to lose money.

Now to answer your question more specific, is it possible to build such a site?

Yes, but unless you do all the above, you are going to spend a lot of money. Few providers that could help you would be Contus.com and Muvi.com. Muvi is free as a trial but the costs go up to $399 a month for what you want to do and $3900 for everything unlimited. Those are some insane prices but you need the scanning, DRM and other features, otherwise your business is destined to doom.

You are also going to need a music attorney incase (and it will happen 100%) someone will sue you.

All in all, what you want will cost you a heavy bag of money and unless you find a good source of investors/funding you wont be able to keep your spotify-clone open.

Noted I have taken that into consideration thanks for the info.

overcast

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering streaming eats a lot of bandwidth. I'd consider hosting them on the youtube and the vimeo pro. And then just use the domain only streaming options enabled for them. In that case it works out properly. And people can use it for paid selling demos etc. You can also build paid courses by using the hosting from vimeo pro and youtube.

hibi3454

Platinum Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow this seems like a very interesting and intriguing task that you are going to take on man, firstly, good luck to you in your endeavour and next, I am not too sure but I guess you can try working it out on Wordpress.

dadayli

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtube.com
BMF Points
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
you can't actually sell something you don't own , unless you are having contracts with those various artists which is hard to since you have to grow your platform up first, selling your own music ? that's possible

hibi3454

Platinum Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can't actually sell something you don't own , unless you are having contracts with those various artists which is hard to since you have to grow your platform up first, selling your own music ? that's possible

Yeah this is one implication that OP must keep in mind... selling pirated music can cause serious risk to OP and may even result in legal action. But yeah, OP can try creating a website to sell his own music or even better, OP can use a website like audiograb to sell his music for free without having to create a website so saving up on costs

Mbwolf

Platinum Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you mean a streaming site like Spotify or Deezer you need very good amount of money
and did you know that those platforms pays the artists for spotify pays 0.004 for every stream
so you need to do the math for membership fees + the payment
also you need to drag the artists to your website
an empty website no one will care about it
and the last thing you need to know is those site doesn't really earn a good amount of money from membership subscruption
this whole earning is based on other investements
you can search for it if you don't believe me

Adam Mb

Newbie Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First you need to learn html and java script langage and csss for make the front-end of the website and the back-end like the servers you need the php langage

Babarbaig668

Gold Member
LV

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can easily develop a video streaming website but you will have to face copyright issues because you will not be able to upload the content of others or you will have to take permission from content makers.

kamciono5

Silver Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think creating such a thing from basics is good idea, because it will be enormous time consuming. I think you should look for some ready script to this type of website on blackhatworld or similar websites. Find a vendor and spend few bucks. Good luck ;)