Investing in medical cannabis. It’s profitable!
Blue
Red
Green
Orange
Voilet
Slate
Dark
  Guest viewing is limited

❕NEWS Hackers Are Using Dogecoin To Infect Computers

NoLimits15

Gold Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pick a box! Unbox it! Get item delivered!
Hackers are now using the meme coin Dogecoin to infiltrate computers using a botnet. They are using the Dogecoin wallet to change their location so they can stay untraceable as they use their malware bots to mine for crypto. The attackers run their Monero mining bots mainly on Linux operating systems and perform a Dogecoin transaction to change their location address.

dadayli

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtube.com
BMF Points
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
are they actually injecting the viruses through memes ? i mean, people mostly save their memes on phones instead of computers, so not a lot of users that got infected

Josemendez

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hackers are now using the meme coin Dogecoin to infiltrate computers using a botnet. They are using the Dogecoin wallet to change their location so they can stay untraceable as they use their malware bots to mine for crypto. The attackers run their Monero mining bots mainly on Linux operating systems and perform a Dogecoin transaction to change their location address.
This is not good for dogecoin which is currently fighting g to stay in the market .
These illegal activities coming from cryptocurrency is a call for concern on the future of cryptocurrency

Josemendez

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The current price of dogecoin is so small that one may not consider investing on it . surprise to see scamming activities associated with it.
When it comes to hacking , hackers won't hesitate to use any available medium for them .
Dogecoin has fallen indeed , but people can easily be scammed through it .

De-rector

Ruby Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hackers will surely find a way to to do their business, may be they have discovered a super annonymity in dogecoin than other coins hence they choose to use it.

Emoney

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This isn't the first time hackers use Dogecoin as a cover for their hacking operation. Still I have a few questions tho - how they infect people's pc?

Josemendez

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn't the first time hackers use Dogecoin as a cover for their hacking operation. Still I have a few questions tho - how they infect people's pc?
Thats strange , but i think it came along with sending dogecoin . Any pc that receives or send dogecoin to the affected address ,will be affected by the program.

Emoney

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Any pc that receives or send dogecoin to the affected address

If that's true then the wallet owner should simply shut down the wallet to prevent that. I feel like there's something missing in the OP that confuse me.

Josemendez

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that's true then the wallet owner should simply shut down the wallet to prevent that. I feel like there's something missing in the OP that confuse me.
I think instead of shutting down the wallet , he should devise a means to find out the bug and remove it , less he might end up losing more people. Dogecoin hasn't been doing that well to experience this kinda of setback .

Emoney

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think instead of shutting down the wallet , he should devise a means to find out the bug and remove it , less he might end up losing more people. Dogecoin hasn't been doing that well to experience this kinda of setback .

Well, to find out the bug, programmers usually shutdown the service first and then hunt down the bug. If they keep the service running while bug hunting that may interfere with wallet users' activity and causing many errors.

Josemendez

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, to find out the bug, programmers usually shutdown the service first and then hunt down the bug. If they keep the service running while bug hunting that may interfere with wallet users' activity and causing many errors.
This is then the major challenge here .
However they can tell the users that their wallet is up for maintenance, and use a shirt time to rectify the issue .

Dredz

Silver Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At times i wonder why scamming is on the rise now . Lovers of crypocurrency are getting scared because of these scams .
No one wants to work and in the end lose the money to scmmers .

nilayakhana

Newbie Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i also use dogecoin wallet.are there any threat using this crypto???
are haker haking computer with dogecoin??
or just they use it just as to hide there id or transs location???

Emoney

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
At times i wonder why scamming is on the rise now .

Many people lose their job in this pandemic, that's why some of them resort to hacking.

i also use dogecoin wallet.are there any threat using this crypto???
are haker haking computer with dogecoin??
or just they use it just as to hide there id or transs location???

There is a threat pf hacking no matter what kind of crypto you use. They attack randomly most of the time.

KarthikP

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
10   0   1
I never thought dogecoin would be used for illegal activities like these. I am sure it's due to this worse pandemic, people are getting crazy day by day.

nilayakhana

Newbie Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many people lose their job in this pandemic, that's why some of them resort to hacking.

There is a threat pf hacking no matter what kind of crypto you use. They attack randomly most of the time.
ohh.that is worse.what a bull shit came from the china to this world.
really when this dummp come to our country its going worst day by day.my family also sufer from this..
as the whole country goes lockdown my father lost his job too.its too odd.

Wisdom01

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well this is surprising I think they use those wallet address from doge which makes it harder to track them , I don't know if they can search or find means to track those hackers

Vladv26

Platinum Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There are tons of this fake mining websites for dogecoin on the internet. People are allowing them acces to their computers and thats how they get hacked.

Chibuoj

Newbie Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my, the downsides of technology and just about every good thing is that pathologically negative people will find a way to hardwire it for the wrong things and extreme abuse. Now, you stand at risk every moment you get online.