banner

Google will stop index Flash content

zeljko

Emerald Member
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read Google will stop indeks Flash content. I know Adobe will stop support Flash until end of 2020 and in Chrome you need to give special permisson to run it, but how will this affect on many sites with Flash games? Do they have convert all games in HTML5 format or Google will read games description and still keep it high on search results? Description is just classic plaintext.

Lynnn

Newbie Member
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all I don't know how they index flash media content because all these while i thought the algorithm can't do that. so this really comes as a surprise to me.

blab37485

Bronze Member
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so better switch to native and in-video ads for your sites as they will convert better and won't need the requirement to run flash meaningwhile serving the purpose at backend

zeljko

Emerald Member
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so better switch to native and in-video ads for your sites as they will convert better and won't need the requirement to run flash meaningwhile serving the purpose at backend
This advice is good for site monetization and ads network, but what about content made in Flash like Flash game? I only know for HTML5 or Java for replacement. Java is for animations and HTML5 for games.

dadayli

Platinum Member
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 85.7%
6   1   0
the only part that i'm interested in is that flash games will be no longer available , which is pretty sad , since those are a huge part from my childhood , i hope there will be another alternative

weblord

Emerald Member
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
there are alternatives, gamer should resort to html 5 games, actually there are lots of online tools that allow us to create html5 games. i have a games site and all of them are already published in html5, so im ready for this changes. in fact, apple stopped and killed flash their own product and resorted to mobile games.
I just read Google will stop indeks Flash content. I know Adobe will stop support Flash until end of 2020 and in Chrome you need to give special permisson to run it, but how will this affect on many sites with Flash games? Do they have convert all games in HTML5 format or Google will read games description and still keep it high on search results? Description is just classic plaintext.

dadayli

Platinum Member
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 85.7%
6   1   0
there are alternatives, gamer should resort to html 5 games, actually there are lots of online tools that allow us to create html5 games. i have a games site and all of them are already published in html5, so im ready for this changes. in fact, apple stopped and killed flash their own product and resorted to mobile games.
actually , even if you develop your own games, you'll never managed to make an exact copy of them , it would be better if those famous flash games ( like y8 ) make a backup of the games , so atleast we can play them through windows flash player ( schockwave )

weblord

Emerald Member
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Code:
Step 1

Visit the website associated with the SOL file in your Web browser and perform a save to create an SOL file on your computer. For example, if you want to import save data for a Flash game, open the Flash game’s website and create a save file. Some Flash content may automatically save and create an SOL file for you. Close the website after creating the SOL file.
Step 2

Click “Start,” type “%AppData%” into the search box in the Start menu and press “Enter.”
Step 3

Double-click the “Macromedia” folder in the window that appears, double-click the “Flash Player” folder and double-click the “#SharedObjects” folder.
Step 4

Double-click the folder inside the #SharedObjects folder. This folder has a random name, but is the only file inside the #SharedObjects folder.
Step 5

Double-click the folder with the name of the website associated with the SOL file. For example, if you want to use the SOL file with a Flash program on example.com, double-click the “Example.com” folder. The folder may also have a different prefix, such as “games.example.com.”
Step 6

Locate the existing SOL file you want to replace. The SOL file may be just inside the website’s folder or located several folders deep. The Flash program’s developer selects the location and name of the SOL file.
Step 7

Drag and drop or copy and paste the new SOL file to the same folder as the existing SOL file and click “Yes” to replace it.

Navigate to the website with the Flash content you want to use the SOL file with. The Flash content loads the data from the new SOL file on your computer.
Tips

You can also view the contents of an SOL file using an application such as FlashCookiesView or SOLReader. The .sol Editor application can edit their contents.
    If you have an SWF file and an SOL file that aren’t associated with a website, you can open the SWF file in your Web browser. The SWF file will load the data from the SOL file. You’ll need Flash installed to view the file.
Source:
Code:
https://itstillworks.com/12390875/how-to-transfer-flash-game-saves

Earnings Disclaimer:  All the posts published herein are merely based on individual views, and they do not expressly or by implications represent those of BeerMoneyForum.com or its owner. It is hereby made clear that BeerMoneyForum.com does not endorse, support, adopt or vouch any views, programs and/or business opportunities posted herein. BeerMoneyForum.com also does not give and/or offer any investment advice to any members and/or it's readers. All members and readers are advised to independently consult their own consultants, lawyers and/or families before making any investment and/or business decisions. This forum is merely a place for general discussions. It is hereby agreed by all members and/or readers that BeerMoneyForum.com is in no way responsible and/or liable for any damages and/or losses suffered by anyone of you.