Welcome to BeerMoneyForum.com

We Help Each Other to Make Money Online
Register Now
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GoDaddy vs. Namecheap

Discussion in 'Domains & Web Hosting' started by Aphrodite, May 18, 2014.

GoDaddy vs. Namecheap

1. GoDaddy

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Namecheap

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Aphrodite

Aphrodite Well-Known Member

BMF Coins:
    I want to buy a domain name and web hosting to develop my website, I'm going to use a Q&A script for this website. I want to be with the best domain names registrar in the world. From where to buy?

2. Hades

Hades Well-Known Member

BMF Coins:
    Using GoDaddy Promo Codes you can get a .com domain for as low as $1.99 first year.
    I hate renewal at GoDaddy because is $14.99/yr and at NameCheap is $10.69/yr.

3. Marius

Marius Guest

BMF Coins:
    For Domain name I would go with namecheap and use a namecheap promo code. And for hosting I would go with hostgator. currently you can get 30% Off using a hostgator coupon. But if you wait until Friday they will release a 50% Off coupon. Just got their newsletter.

4. xXInfectedXx

xXInfectedXx Well-Known Member

BMF Coins:
    I haven't used either domain registrars before. However, from reading reviews online, I would have t say that GoDaddy would be the better domain registrar all around. This may change why actually try GoDaddy or NameCheap, but that's based on the reviews I have read.

5. VHINZ

VHINZ Well-Known Member

BMF Coins:
    I'm using namecheap and for me it is just fine. I haven't tried GoDaddy yet.

6. Fatog

Fatog Member

BMF Coins:
    For example I have a domain using namecheap, can I create already a website?
    Or do I need a web hosting first for me to create a website?
    Apologize guys, still newbie for creating a website and having a paid domain as well.

7. VHINZ

VHINZ Well-Known Member

BMF Coins:
    You need both domain name and hosting. Domain name is just a name you're going to register. You also need hosting for creating your website. Hosting is the space you'll pay for the files of your website. When you purchase your domain at namecheap, you could also buy hosting. It's much easier to build a website having your domain and hosting in one provider. Once your account is activated, you'll be provided a control panel account to start building your website.

8. wengertzz

wengertzz Member

BMF Coins:
    sorry for being a noob. I am still contemplating about buying a domain or staying in blogger. my blog is not earning that much but I've heard owning and having your site host will give so much advantage to its owner especially with adsense. I hope I am right..

9. VHINZ

VHINZ Well-Known Member

BMF Coins:
    Most of us started with little knowledge on creating websites. And I do not consider myself as an expert on this. I also in the process of learning things online. You will progress as you go along and you'll figure out what's good for your website. Yes, you are right, having your own hosting really gives a great advantage in making money like adsense.

10. Emill

Emill Well-Known Member

BMF Coins:
    it gives you many advantages not only because you will do better on adsense, but also because many people tend not to give any credit to free websites just because they are free. :Sorry:

11. VHINZ

VHINZ Well-Known Member

BMF Coins:
    Yes having your own website tells that you are really serious on your online business and it also help you to look professional online.

12. SharkPro

SharkPro Well-Known Member

BMF Coins:
    I've used in past NameCheap Domain service and Godaddy for hosting the best combination of hosting and domains but I heard that Namecheap hosting is very good.

13. Lovely

Lovely Well-Known Member

BMF Coins:
    You will need both for your site but you can start with getting your site name,try to check to see if the name you need is available if not you can use a domain generator to get one that is almost like the one you had planned to have,you can use domainsbot,then you can pay for hosting if you are not using free platform like blogger or wordpress.

14. Mr. B

Mr. B Administrator Staff Member

BMF Coins:
    Today I got an offer from Godaddy, shop now and get 35% OFF, I'm not interested in buying any new domains or web hosting at this time and because this promo code will expire I want to share with you guys, maybe you take advantage of it.

Godaddy 35% OFF - PROMO CODE: epromo5 (Offer expires 02/01/2018.)

15. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member

BMF Coins:
    I am using godaddy for most of my domains. And things are so far doing good. And also the service is also nice. nothing issues so far. just one time I accidently paid which they applied in transaction. that's all there from that side.

16. Bhaskar125

Bhaskar125 Well-Known Member

BMF Coins:
    For domain name I will suggest GoDaddy. And all the domain provider runs offers, tokens etc almost all the time.
    And you will need a hosting also. And for hosting you should try other sites not GoDaddy.

17. Mr. B

Mr. B Administrator Staff Member

BMF Coins:
    I purchase couple domains and later today I got a promo code from Godaddy.

I'm not gonna use it so I share it with you, get 30% OFF - USE CODE - epromo1

Offer expires 15-02-2018.