Welcome to BeerMoneyForum.com

We Help Each Other to Make Money Online
Register Now
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Content mills or survey sites?

Discussion in 'Newbie Helpdesk' started by PenguinManiac, Mar 30, 2016.

1. KloeRinz

KloeRinz Well-Known Member

BMF Coins:
    Survey sites are garbage. I am an advocate of content mills since it's where you can train as a beginner writer. Furthermore, the earnings are sufficient for me to live off on. Meanwhile, survey sites just disqualify you and waste your time.

2. riverwild

riverwild Active Member

BMF Coins:
    That's great that you can earn enough to live off of. Wish I could do that

3. KloeRinz

BMF Coins:
    I do not think it's really that great. After all, others earn way more than me. And offline jobs are much more stable. Freelance work can get very sporadic at times; often there is little work then suddenly they pile up on you.

4. SUPER SINGH

SUPER SINGH Well-Known Member

BMF Coins:
    Content mill websites are way better then surveys as we needn't be afraid of our demographic details and all can earn equally from them as in most of the survey websites, the once who are from Top tier countries can earn a lot as they always get more surveys and they can qualify all of those but the members like us receives very less surveys and we cannot even get ourselves qualified from them. So that's why i am enjoying my time with content mill, earnings are less but still fine for me.

5. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member

BMF Coins:
    I think in terms of days over part. Neither survey sites nor content sites are going to earn much. some sites may earn here and ther. But the quality of the writing needs to be really good at that. You can't just slap the content and expecct to have better result. that simply does not work. and in such case the best option would be to go with what you have. as that can help with adding more value to the content. for me it takes time to earn from writing.

6. KloeRinz

BMF Coins:
    I think someone from a third-world country can get sufficiently rich from writing for content mills. I mean, I do write for content mills and I earn more than the average wage in my city... so don't give up, I guess?

7. remnant

remnant Well-Known Member

BMF Coins:
    Google has recently lowered the index of content mills, or content farms? My choice should go to surveys, they offer better stop and go freedom and one can make quite some cash if you sign up with a number of companies. The challenge comes when one wishes to cashout and finds that the threshhold is quite high especially for those companies with low activity.

8. tusziget

tusziget Well-Known Member

BMF Coins:
    I think that both are worth trying it out.I like most of the times to post content on forums,and sometimes if surveys are available on some sites,to complete them.I think,the first option is more prolific and brings more benefits,because they may work on forums every day,and surveys are only now and then available(depends what country you reside in).

9. Shaiera

Shaiera Active Member

BMF Coins:
    I prefer content mills than survey sites. Right now, I'm still earning from my blog posts in a well known site. Even though I just log in to check my account and not to write a content in a day , I still earn from this blogging site.
    Since I've joined some survey sites before, I can say that earning from submitting contents in a day worth my time than do survey for a year :p

10. tusziget

BMF Coins:
    I start to agree with you.Nowadays surveys sites are really not sending out too much surveys.I didn't completed a survey for a couple of weeks.Anyway it can't be counted as a sure income.It is welcomed,when sometimes surveys pop up,but it is more secure income with content writing.

11. SUPER SINGH

BMF Coins:
    Both are good ways to earn some legit money online but sadly my demographic details aren't that favorable for me to receive any surveys which can pay well.
    This is the reason, I always prefer the content mills as these websites are best and all are treated equally there and we can earn more with our extra efforts and not just with demographic details.

12. Lovely

Lovely Well-Known Member

BMF Coins:
    Never heard about this site,would have to check it out now,that's a good pay there.I could easily do that,I hope there wouldn't be any descrimination because what I'm facing online

13. tusziget

BMF Coins:
    I never heard,that a site would pay so much for an article.Even sites,where the payment is 5$ per article/500 words are requiring very high quality/good grammar etc.I will take a look at this site:Scripted,but I sincerely don't think,that they pay so much per article...

14. overcast

BMF Coins:
    I think in 2018 it would be harder to make money off the content mills and the survey sites. You can see that it can be harder to manage the surveys the way things go these days. I have learned how to avoid those type of the sites. and instead focusing on other options.

15. tusziget

BMF Coins:
    Yes,some things may work good for some members and some things not so well.I have read that some members for example at Citizenme are earning good from surveys and some don't.I think ,it is important that everybody searches for the right earning method,which brings him success.

16. overcast

BMF Coins:
    So far content mills perform lot better in my view. and also they seem to be earning more too. so I'd choose content mill over survey site. And also check out how much I can earn from them. that's something I want to understand too.

17. Chaoticas

Chaoticas Well-Known Member

BMF Coins:
    I used to do a lot of surveys a few years
    ago and although it bored me senseless I
    could usually get £40-£50 a month. I tried
    again recently and it was a waste of time!

These days they seem to pay very little for
    the tine it takes. I've also noticed that rather
    than screening out after a couple of questions
    some are screening you out when you're
    nearly finished. They've clearly got the info
    they need and not having to pay for it!
    I used to work on content mills but these
    days I'd rather write content and put it on
    a blog. It may take longer to earn money
    but it could be earning for years. It seems
    like a better idea than selling it for pennies
    to earn money for someone else.

I do still use forum sites like Beermoney,, Postloop, and Mylot etc when I've only
    got a little free time or I'm not in the
    mood for writing articles.

18. jaymish

jaymish Well-Known Member

BMF Coins:
    It depends on where you live. If you live in America surveys are better, they pay more and take you less time. Content mills are not the best, because they pay very little and expect very high quality. Writing is also not a work in the park. If you can find genuine paying surveys, I vote for surveys.

19. overcast

BMF Coins:
    I think content mills are reduced. I think demand studios and the hubpages are the only mills that are going to work out. That's what I have learned that. I think survey sites that didn't went well in that case.

20. SUPER SINGH

BMF Coins:
    Content mill is always my choice to earn some money online as not everyone can do well on Surveys as they are based on our demographic details but writing websites can be best suited for all