Coinomi is a digital cryptocurrency wallet which is used for securely storing, managing and transacting multiple cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum etc all at once. Coinomi started it live back in 2014 and currently support over 500 digital currencies.
Currently, coinomi is available for Android and iOS with desktop versions coming soon.
1. Security First: When it comes to security, coinomi is one of the most secure wallet available for mobile. All user credentials are securely stored on user's device and users can easily lock their wallet using either password or pattern lock.
2. Support All Major Cryptocurrency: Coinomi Support a very large collection of cryptocurrency and ERC20 tokens with more been added on timely bases. Users can also add unsupported ERC20 token manually to the wallet.
3. Built In Exchange Support: Coinomi currently support shapeshift and changelly exchange built in, which enable users to easily exchange their coins/token directly in the app.
4. Multiple Exchange Rate Support: You can basically setup the wallet to display prices in your local currency, with over 150 currencies currently supported.
5. Clean Interface: The app is very clean and responsive. Comes with light and dark theme to suit your need.
6. Ability To Set Default Transaction Fee: This is something that is missing from other wallet i have used.
7. Active Support: The Coinomi team are very active on their social media platforms and are willing to help users with issues.
1. Not A Newbie Wallet: While a beginner can easily use this wallet without issues, some newbies have problem cause unlike some other wallets, tokens and coins are two clearly separated entities in the wallet and a newbie who doesn't know the difference might end up being confused. Personally, i had a hard time explaining to a newbie on how to add Avinoc token.
2. Not Easy To Migrate: A novice might really find it difficult to migrate his/her wallet to another app cause wallet private key have to be manually generated by a users. This might be due to security reasons but in my own opinion, this can be simplified.
3. Does not support running multiple wallet simultaneously.
Without any doubt, coinomi is a one of the most secure wallet but if as a newbie you find it difficult to use, i suggest trying other wallet like IMToken, Trust etc which are quite easy to use.
What I really also love about coinomi is their Airdrops and giveaways. They usually partner with new supported coin/token and giveaway a certain amount of the coin/token to lucky winners. To participate in their giveaways just follow them on thier social platform to get notified.
What's your experience with this crypto wallet? share it