Welcome to BeerMoneyForum.com

We Help Each Other to Make Money Online
Register Now
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a business

Discussion in 'Businesses & Individuals' started by castbound castboundoski, Aug 27, 2017.

1. castbound castboundoski

castbound castboundoski Well-Known Member

BMF:
    We all know that YouTube was once a separate company and then after its popularity increased Google decided to buy YouTube. Do you guys have any experience in buying a business ? Is it difficult to make someone else's employees - yours ?

2. Mr. B

Mr. B Administrator Staff Member

BMF:
    Never sold any of my sites, I love them too much, I know the work I put in, and all who tried to buy offer low price, for example about 2 weeks ago someone sent me a private message asking how much I want to sell him BeerMoneyForum.com but this project is not for sale. ;)

3. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member

BMF:
    I think the site or the service needs to be buying worthy. I mean youtube, whatsapp and others were worth buying. So they got sold. And for this reason I am guessing people also work on solving problem. And they seem to be letting the business bid on their estimated value. So this is something that can be dependent on the progress. I think at current point, I won't sell any of my sites and the apps or youtube channel.

4. castbound castboundoski

BMF:
    Respect for that mate ! Did you know that with that you proved us how much you value us ? You showed us that we cannot be bought with money ! Huge RESPECT.

Mr. B likes this.
  5. castbound castboundoski

BMF:
    Unless someone offers you good amount of money :D Then you would probably consider it , wouldn't you ? The competition is huge so ur apps must be unique, I assume they are since you wouldn't sell them :p

6. xXInfectedXx

xXInfectedXx Well-Known Member

BMF:
    I have no experience in buying a business. I have a sold my online community. Not sure if the new buyer turned that into
    a business. Perhaps in the future I will buy a business

7. castbound castboundoski

BMF:
    Maybe he turned it into a business ... Do you know the name of the business you sold ? Maybe you could check it out and see what the new owner did with it :p Maybe it will bring you some good memories .. ? Who knows

8. Lovely

Lovely Well-Known Member

BMF:
    I think if one is buying a business and still want to continue in the same style and pattern then it pertinent to retain the old staff because they might know the job better but if it has to do with buying and over-hauling then no need for the old employees but buying a business and making it work as usual is not quite easy.

9. castbound castboundoski

BMF:
    Well yea, selling the business to another owner can be tough.You have to think about your employees and if you do plan to continue with another business then you might as well consider bringing those employees there. At least you are gonna know who you are dealing with = )

10. Medowriter

Medowriter Well-Known Member

BMF:
    Every body involved in business is solely for profit primarily other factors are secondary. I have a site that is worth selling and I have a good bidder I won't esitate to sell it cos I am sure I will build a better one.

11. castbound castboundoski

BMF:
    Well you are thinking like a business man = ) How sure are you that you gonna build a better one thats gonna achieve the same success? That is the real question you have to ask yourself. You should know that getting the same traffic on a completely new website isn't easy ^^

12. VHINZ

VHINZ Well-Known Member

BMF:
    Most often when a business have been sold to a new owner, restructuring of the management and regular employees do happen. Some employees might be retained especially those are valuable in the company, others will be let go and replaced by new ones. If you are the new owner of the business, probably you will employ people that you can trust, rely, are capable of doing the job, and will be loyal to you.

13. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

BMF:
    AdHitz just sold their business yesterday. Buying a business is a profitable investment as long as there's a demand of the product/service. Jim Grago bought ClixSense before. I don't like being a member of ClixSense with a new owner cause Jim deactivated PTC ad, thus, ClixGrid advertising gone resulting my # of referrals I get everyday in different income sites decreased.

upload_2017-12-7_17-39-14.png