Investing in medical cannabis. It’s profitable!
Blue
Red
Green
Orange
Voilet
Slate
Dark
  Guest viewing is limited

❕NEWS Bitcoin Transaction Fees Are SO High In 2020

NoLimits15

Gold Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pick a box! Unbox it! Get item delivered!
Bitcoin transaction fees have increased to at least 2213% by the start of this year. This is due to the fact that more people are making bitcoin transactions now than ever, which means more space is needed and thus the fees rise to given the miners more reward. The transaction fees are now around $6.64 which previously was extremely low.

Brain

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think transaction fees have always been high though depended on the wallet in use. Well, the miners will need to make profit but this shouldn't be to the detriment of users to avoid untold stress.

De-rector

Ruby Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The transaction fee of $6.6 is extremely high, this has made it difficult for me to even run bitcoin transactions, I may likely opt for litecoin or doge coin.

Emoney

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Pretty sure part of the reason is the halving event which slashed the miners profitability and the price itself. If the price is higher then the transaction fee can be lowered.

De-rector

Ruby Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If it is the effect of the Halving does it the transactions has come to stay and the possibility of it been lower as it use to be is very slim? $6.6 is scary.

funkymoney

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 75%
1   1   2
When bitcoin was introduced it was marketed as low fees and it being decentralized. also instant payments. But today the fees are high and governments are tracking bitcoin and may legalise it in future

microunit

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When bitcoin was introduced it was marketed as low fees and it being decentralized. also instant payments. But today the fees are high and governments are tracking bitcoin and may legalise it in future
well tons of people are now using it and blockchain traffic now is huge unlike before, well I guess that's a good thing for bitcoin and the miners, but some governments might just use bitcoin for their own good

De-rector

Ruby Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The different companies that are adopting the use of blockchain technology couple with Crypto currency transactions taking place every seconds might over crowd the network heavily. The higher transaction fee is not making me to smile at all

microunit

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The different companies that are adopting the use of blockchain technology couple with Crypto currency transactions taking place every seconds might over crowd the network heavily. The higher transaction fee is not making me to smile at all
it might not make you happy or help you but it is a big help to the miners who are running the blockchain network, though sooner or later we might need more miners to run the blockchain

De-rector

Ruby Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hope the transactions fee dropped so we can trade conviniently, it is through bitcoin that one can easily buy new coins to trade on, transactions fee could take a good part of the profit especially if one is investing smaller amount.

microunit

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope the transactions fee dropped so we can trade conviniently, it is through bitcoin that one can easily buy new coins to trade on, transactions fee could take a good part of the profit especially if one is investing smaller amount.
all transaction fees in exchange and trading website and apps are fixed at high though, even if the bitcoin traffic is low and fees low they don't really affect the fees in those websites

De-rector

Ruby Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow!! It mostly affect wallet to wallet transactions then ?! If yes i will love the transaction fee also get reduced cos I use crytpo currencies to cash out my earnings in various site.

KarthikP

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
10   0   1
Exchanges have a standard fees , most of them have around 0.001 BTC. And in some wallets like blockchain and trust , you can set your own priority to send the transaction

Monetizeit

Gold Member
LV

Reaction score
Website
dunyaeamal.000webhostapp.com
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a little time ago I had to transfer some little amount of bitcoin for some business purposes as a verification activity but I simply could not because the transaction fees were too much high and that I was going into loss on the airdrop deal because it was an airdrop I was dealing

highspeed

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you mean money transactions, from Blockchain sites to bank account or credit card?
I have idea, those have increased considerably everywhere, on every wallet, not only for Bitcoin.

One of the reasons this fees are high is because bitcoin mining is getting harder every day and many people at the start of 2020 were looking forward to bitcoin halving which did not show any good change on the value
Calculating that on a certain day in March, Bitcoin has suddenly HALFED its value!
Many think, the dramatic Coronavirus pandemia (covid-19) has certainly had an influence.
Do you agree on this point of view?

Emoney

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Calculating that on a certain day in March, Bitcoin has suddenly HALFED its value!

on 12 March if I recall correctly, yup bitcoin suddenly facing massive drop to below 5,000 usd.

Many think, the dramatic Coronavirus pandemia (covid-19) has certainly had an influence.
Do you agree on this point of view?

Yes, I think corona has affected bitcoin because at that time countries are starting to impose lockdown and the world economy bottomed.

highspeed

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
on 12 March if I recall correctly, yup bitcoin suddenly facing massive drop to below 5,000 usd.

Yes, I think corona has affected bitcoin because at that time countries are starting to impose lockdown and the world economy bottomed.
Well, despite many discussion about this topic, at the end of the fact, I'm more than ever convinced that this was an influence on its value.

Josemendez

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although the transaction fee for bitcoin has increased, I have never been charged close to 5$ for any bitcoin transaction this year . the most I have transacted was with a fee of 2$ . and most times , the fees is a function of the price of bitcoin, when bitcoin is high , the fees goes high .

angelie01

Newbie Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as i observe since this year. the fees in bitcoin not really high. sometimes high and sometimes goes down. it depends on the time and day. no permanent

highspeed

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm sorry. Can I ask you what you mean by commissions (or fees) in Bitcoin?
Maybe the Bitcoin / $ (or other real currency) ratio, or instead other fees, like withdrawal transaction?
Thank you.