Investing in medical cannabis. It’s profitable!
Blue
Red
Green
Orange
Voilet
Slate
Dark

❕NEWS Bitcoin briefly loses first place

onlyprofits

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pick a box! Unbox it! Get item delivered!
Today the market capitalization on Coinmarketcap changed for a short time, Bitcoin's twin coin, Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC), was in first place for an instant.
WBTC presented a market capitalization of 432 billion dollars for a short period of time, the world supply is around 1.2 trillion dollars.
But don't worry, this was an error from the platform, Coinmarketcap, which briefly showed WBTC as the most valuable coin. The problem was quickly fixed and placed the WBTC cryptocurrency in its rightful place, number 13 in the ranking.
Had I seen the Coinmarketcap listing, I would have been greatly surprised.
What do you think about this Coinmarketcap bug?

Wisdom01

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think since it has been fixed then there is no more problem and we all do make mistake ,so no one is perfect , i also want them to fix it and make sure that issue don't occur again

highspeed

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, if you really want to know, I didn't know anything, not even what that Coinmarketcap was. However I can only say, it is important now that everything is resolved.

onlyprofits

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think since it has been fixed then there is no more problem and we all do make mistake ,so no one is perfect , i also want them to fix it and make sure that issue don't occur again
The delicate thing about the situation is that many cryptocurrency enthusiasts could have gotten carried away by the list and suffered what they call FOMO (fear of being left out), hopefully they have not invested money seeing the alleged growth in the market capitalization of that currency
Well, if you really want to know, I didn't know anything, not even what that Coinmarketcap was. However I can only say, it is important now that everything is resolved.
Thank God it was resolved quickly, imagine that that list had remained with that data for several hours.

Wisdom01

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The delicate thing about the situation is that many cryptocurrency enthusiasts could have gotten carried away by the list and suffered what they call FOMO (fear of being left out), hopefully they have not invested money seeing the alleged growth in the market capitalization of that currency

Thank God it was resolved quickly, imagine that that list had remained with that data for several hours.
Well i don't really get the point clearly , is it that they did so to make the coin more popular since it might not really be a mistake , well it was temporary

Niftyicon

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could have generated some chaos but thankfully it was resolved on time. I wonder what bug or person could have made such an error.

achawaskey

Platinum Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would have generated a lot of controversy on the side of investors, although it will experience a bit rush, and good of a thing it was corrected.

onlyprofits

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i don't really get the point clearly , is it that they did so to make the coin more popular since it might not really be a mistake , well it was temporary
I do not think it was intentional, since that does not bring benefits to the portal, if that happens too frequently it could bring distrust in the data that Coinmarketcap provides and therefore they would lose a lot of traffic and the consequences would be a substantial decrease in profits

It could have generated some chaos but thankfully it was resolved on time. I wonder what bug or person could have made such an error.
Maybe it could have been a Bug, but for sure only they know what caused the bug.
That would have generated a lot of controversy on the side of investors, although it will experience a bit rush, and good of a thing it was corrected.
Initially it must have generated surprise for having been dethroned the Bitcoin

MRizwan530

Silver Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today the market capitalization on Coinmarketcap changed for a short time, Bitcoin's twin coin, Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC), was in first place for an instant.
WBTC presented a market capitalization of 432 billion dollars for a short period of time, the world supply is around 1.2 trillion dollars.
But don't worry, this was an error from the platform, Coinmarketcap, which briefly showed WBTC as the most valuable coin. The problem was quickly fixed and placed the WBTC cryptocurrency in its rightful place, number 13 in the ranking.
It was added in coin marketcap list and people know this error some days ago a coin named as 1up shown thousand percent more value than its original value and it was also a bug or mistake.

highspeed

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Therefore, in that period of time where Coinmarketcap's virtual currency had the "false" 1 st record, was caused by a computer / server error. Am I right?

Wisdom01

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do not think it was intentional, since that does not bring benefits to the portal, if that happens too frequently it could bring distrust in the data that Coinmarketcap provides and therefore they would lose a lot of traffic and the consequences would be a substantial decrease in profits
You are right tho they just need to fix the issues , because letting such thing happen once again would amount to negative things , and also now that there are competition people would check other sites to get more information i think

Josemendez

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know surely that it was a mistake because Bitcoin presently is on the rise ,and anything short of the first place is quite odd.

onlyprofits

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was added in coin marketcap list and people know this error some days ago a coin named as 1up shown thousand percent more value than its original value and it was also a bug or mistake.
Apparently the error is becoming more common than I thought, that if it is not good, since many initiates can get confused and get excited about the currency suddenly has a strong increase in its capitalization

aryan4

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I also read this interesting news from its source, and the headline that was thrown before I read the news completely surprised me. It's a short-lived bug but it's fixed at least.

tinalupescu41

Silver Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Same stuff happens on exchange graph too. Bitcoin price shows something after an hour I saw that price was not even happened. Dont know how these fogures generate in wrong ? Exchanges manupulate previous hour to make more volume or to take more from traders pocket ?

Josemendez

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same stuff happens on exchange graph too. Bitcoin price shows something after an hour I saw that price was not even happened. Dont know how these fogures generate in wrong ? Exchanges manupulate previous hour to make more volume or to take more from traders pocket ?
I think this might be a plan in use by exchange sites to manipulate the market and thus favour themselves in the market. This is quite a huge challenge.

Josemendez

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bitcoin can not always take the first place all the time. Some coin should sometime take the first place even if it is not upto an hour. This will show how competitive the coins are
As it stands now , it will be very difficult for a coin to surpass Bitcoin and take the first place . Even YFI with it's high price didn't make it to first ten coins .

Brain

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some things you see and know it a huge mistake like this one I would have done because this is what can't happen over night so I would never had believe it. Good thing the problem has been fixed

microunit

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just seen Wrapped bitcoin ( WBTC ) recently not still sure what it is. Though if it it's just a small mistake that happened in a brief moment I don't think it will have that much of an impact