Investing in medical cannabis. It’s profitable!
Play over 1000+ slots! SPIN NOW! WIN CASH!

Welcome to BeerMoneyForum.com - We Help Each Other to Make Money Online

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
Blue
Red
Green
Orange
Voilet
Slate
Dark
  Guest viewing is limited

❓ASK Based on what does youtube recommend videos to people

Reznov

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
Sometimes you get some videos in the recommended list that don't even match with the content you usually watch, some reasons that shouldn't be taken on consideration of course are :
1-The Video's length : because videos that i noticed, some are long and some are only few seconds .
2- Video's Category : as i said, the videos don't match with the content you're watching .
3- Video's region : i keep getting videos recommended from different regions .

So what do you think that youtube uses to recommend videos to people, based on what standards

Brain

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, for me I haven't noticed this weirdness because most be of the content I get are always related. I think YouTube used previous watch videos to know what a person is likely to search for

Reznov

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
“Suggested Videos are a personalized collection of
videos that an individual viewer may be interested in watching
next, based on prior activity.” There's no way that creators can
influence a viewer's prior behavior, but this also means that a
sports channel can tap into sports fans.
those are the default standards, but in some occasions, you can see arabian videos being recommended to people in the USA and other regions

daicon

Silver Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Youtube's algorithm could be based on search history, browser's cookies. I don't know, maybe even the average length of time of watching on each category could also be taken into account by youtube.

Reznov

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
Youtube's algorithm could be based on search history, browser's cookies. I don't know, maybe even the average length of time of watching on each category could also be taken into account by youtube.
yeah, normally, that's how it actually works, but it gets bugged sometimes that it keeps recommending weird videos to people, just like content that nobody is interested about

sykt62

Platinum Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some videos are boosted for views that why youtube algorithm shows use that kinnda of video that we normally don’t watch
Its all about boosting and getting views

mesbakh

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some people, YouTube's recommendation tab is poisonous, because the success makes it linger watching all the recommended videos. But sometimes, there are also some videos that don't suit the user's interest. This is normal, no matter how sophisticated the algorithm is built by the YouTube team. YouTube also admits that not all recommendations given are targeted and liked by its users. For this reason, YouTube has released a new feature, so that users can filter out which recommended videos they want and which ones don't. With this feature, users can block channels that they don't want to see from the recommendation list. See Photos Block channel feature from recommendation list with option Do not recommend channel. To do this, click on the three dots in the right corner of the video thumbnail, then select "don't recommend this channel"

Joelk

Silver Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think People are missing something here. @dadayli's question ain't answered.
I've also experienced this a lot.
1) I've never viewed that content
2) I've never searched for it
3) Its far from the contents related to my search but at the end of it these videos appear on my recommendation page .

Most of the content I view on YouTube music videos and movies but on my recommendation page, a video of whitening teeth appeared. So what causes that because whitening teeth doesn't match with my usual views.

Joelk

Silver Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some people, YouTube's recommendation tab is poisonous, because the success makes it linger watching all the recommended videos. But sometimes, there are also some videos that don't suit the user's interest. This is normal, no matter how sophisticated the algorithm is built by the YouTube team. YouTube also admits that not all recommendations given are targeted and liked by its users. For this reason, YouTube has released a new feature, so that users can filter out which recommended videos they want and which ones don't. With this feature, users can block channels that they don't want to see from the recommendation list. See Photos Block channel feature from recommendation list with option Do not recommend channel. To do this, click on the three dots in the right corner of the video thumbnail, then select "don't recommend this channel"
Okay makes sense

mesbakh

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though YouTube's algorithm is always changing, there are at least two main factors that YouTube always pays attention to, namely,

The first factor is engagement. YouTube will rate how many viewers comment, like, and share your video. YouTube will also look at how the engagement is. Is it positive or negative.

The next factor is metadata. Apart from engagement, YouTube also needs to ensure that the metadata you include, starting from the title, keywords, to the description, matches what YouTube users are looking for.

Toolmoney

Silver Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your location and ip address is the first culprit in recommended videos consideration in YouTube although the present algorithm configuration at that moment goes a long way too.

De-rector

Ruby Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can really share something good with you.
If you wish to start a Profitable YouTube Channels and Make 6 Figures From Them then please try this link below : Tube Mastery and Monetization
If you want all of us to benefit you can create a thread in this forum and update us daily except it is not going to be for free.

GoldenLady

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually get suggestions based on my recent searches on Google. It may be that you once clicked a video or link or blog related to the suggested videos once and forgot. However, the cookies they place never forget.

BullyMaguire

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think our activities within YouTube and google have some influence in what is being recommended to us. So basically what you're interested with

ELSA-ELI

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The algorithm will suggest you frequently searched content.But I think YouTube does infuse some targetted advetisment just ensure they keep you glued to watch more content.

lal bawantha

Newbie Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically, YouTube finds out the preferences of you by checking the previous contents you watched and the keywords you searched in the search bar. Their program algorithm is written to get those details by checking your cookies in the browser. But sometimes there may be bugs in that algorithm also, that is why you are getting those videos which never match to your taste.

Chibson

Gold Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One criteria that YouTube used to recommended videos is related keywords. Sometimes they can recommend unrelated promoted videos to you, because I have actually gotten those kind of recommendation.

ahsan510

Bronze Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they recommend videos on the basis of videos that i searched and watched mostly. They start showing and recommending the same category of videos to me. Which i think is great like if a video of your interest comes to you without searching for it is good.

REWARDS: Active Raffles

• Roll 24: Win 100,000 BMF Points!

The entry period for this raffle ends in..

Top Bottom

Earnings Disclaimer:  All the posts published herein are merely based on individual views, and they do not expressly or by implications represent those of BeerMoneyForum.com or its owner. It is hereby made clear that BeerMoneyForum.com does not endorse, support, adopt or vouch any views, programs and/or business opportunities posted herein. BeerMoneyForum.com also does not give and/or offer any investment advice to any members and/or it's readers. All members and readers are advised to independently consult their own consultants, lawyers and/or families before making any investment and/or business decisions. This forum is merely a place for general discussions. It is hereby agreed by all members and/or readers that BeerMoneyForum.com is in no way responsible and/or liable for any damages and/or losses suffered by anyone of you.