Play over 1000+ slots! SPIN NOW! WIN CASH!
Investing in medical cannabis. It’s profitable!
Blue
Red
Green
Orange
Voilet
Slate
Dark
  Guest viewing is limited

❕NEWS Australian man arrested for laundering money through Bitcoin

AudraMiller

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
An Australian man has been arrested for trying to launder money through the use of cryptocurrencies namely Bitcoin. According to the article that was published on coindesk, this man allegedly converted a large portion of money laundering to the Digital currencies such as Bitcoin. It is believed that the money that he had on him and other drugs and narcotics was trying to be converted to cryptocurrency in order to store its value and so that it cannot be traced. The man is currently awaiting his trial date. In my opinion it is news such as this that provides cryptocurrency with a bad name.

sh199

Platinum Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think, only bitcoin or other digital currency have any drawback that its anonymity behavior. Many peoples can do whatever he wants and get the money without and paper works. For these only reasons, Bitcoin is still illegal in many countries. But things are changing now, many govt is trying to take over users data who put their money on bitcoin.

De-rector

Ruby Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think, only bitcoin or other digital currency have any drawback that its anonymity behavior. Many peoples can do whatever he wants and get the money without and paper works. For these only reasons, Bitcoin is still illegal in many countries. But things are changing now, many govt is trying to take over users data who put their money on bitcoin.
It is actually sad that people now uses bitcoin and other few Crypto currencies to launder money. I hope government intensify effort to track them down.

sh199

Platinum Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It is actually sad that people now uses bitcoin and other few Crypto currencies to launder money. I hope government intensify effort to track them down.
For anonymity behavior, we read many incidents happening all over the world. The light of hope that these kinds of incidents are now decreasing and Govt. monitoring it timely to prevent the money laundering and other illegal activities.

Josemendez

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An Australian man has been arrested for trying to launder money through the use of cryptocurrencies namely Bitcoin. According to the article that was published on coindesk, this man allegedly converted a large portion of money laundering to the Digital currencies such as Bitcoin. It is believed that the money that he had on him and other drugs and narcotics was trying to be converted to cryptocurrency in order to store its value and so that it cannot be traced. The man is currently awaiting his trial date. In my opinion it is news such as this that provides cryptocurrency with a bad name.
Thanks to new technologies , cryptocurrency has not really been offering private transaction as earlier experienced . Money laundering is thus decrypted easily

AudraMiller

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks to new technologies , cryptocurrency has not really been offering private transaction as earlier experienced . Money laundering is thus decrypted easily
This is very true and I think that it to a certain extent is a good thing because it will help with the legalization of cryptocurrency and the acceptance of the cryptocurrency within the various governments globally. I think this was one of the major concerns that they had.

BerWhitley

Newbie Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
till this time i thought it will never happen , but you just tranding , like wow how ...

Josemendez

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is very true and I think that it to a certain extent is a good thing because it will help with the legalization of cryptocurrency and the acceptance of the cryptocurrency within the various governments globally. I think this was one of the major concerns that they had.
Another thing is the fact that the blockchain network used by cryptocurrency can be utilized by the government in their country to enhance development

JamesSemaj

Gold Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crime is one of the major reasons why some federal governments does not support the use of crypto. It's shameful to see people taking advantage of the anonymousity of cryptocurrency

Niftyicon

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a good thing that he was discovered. Many criminal individuals who see Cryptocurrencies as a way of escape would now realize that they could still be traced and brought to book.

Josemendez

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crime is one of the major reasons why some federal governments does not support the use of crypto. It's shameful to see people taking advantage of the anonymousity of cryptocurrency
Actually the anonymous nature of cryptocurrency has been reduced to a greater extent. Thus , it is wise to be careful ,because transactions are easily traced these days

Ewogboka

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
People had bad intention towards the anonymous nature of Crypto currencies but the move by government to regulate Crypto currency activities has reduced it.

Josemendez

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People had bad intention towards the anonymous nature of Crypto currencies but the move by government to regulate Crypto currency activities has reduced it.
Secondly , the blockchain is been developed continuously in such a way that it is not easily used to carry out scamming activities of any type .

Ewogboka

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The more Crypto currencies make gains the more all blockchain will be improved to deal with all forms of criminalities people will want to practise with the system.

Wisdom01

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This should serve as a lesson to others , you could get arrested for performing or involving in any money laundering involving bitcoin,

a_jerobon

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such stories are what makes cryptocurrencies to be illegal in many countries. Their transactions are anonymous hence making it easy for fraudsters and criminals to get away with anything. I am just glad that some of them like this man have been caught.

Wisdom01

Sapphire Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Such stories are what makes cryptocurrencies to be illegal in many countries. Their transactions are anonymous hence making it easy for fraudsters and criminals to get away with anything. I am just glad that some of them like this man have been caught.
Yeah but now some countries are already taking steps in tracking crypto transaction and monitoring it to , why do those countries who make it illegal not do same thing

Ewogboka

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah but now some countries are already taking steps in tracking crypto transaction and monitoring it to , why do those countries who make it illegal not do same thing
They may be doing that in disguise may be when they are done test running the prototype they may come up with terms and conditions towards regulations.

Binita100

Platinum Member
LV

Reaction score
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With what he is doing , he is giving bitcoin a bad name , i wish he is given more terms to signal the people doing same thing , to stop very fast

a_jerobon

Emerald Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BMF Points
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With what he is doing , he is giving bitcoin a bad name , i wish he is given more terms to signal the people doing same thing , to stop very fast
Yeah, such bad behaviours really give bitcoin and cryptocurrencies a bad name. It is making it even harder for governments and other institutions to fully accept them. I hope those caught serve as an example to others so they stop it.